After installing WordPress, there is an important question comes here: How to Set Up Your WordPress site? follow me to know the full answer!
Before you get to the graphic look of your site, let’s do a touch more administration to your site to line it up. you’ll want to put in plugins to supercharge your website, and don’t forget to activate the Akismet WordPress Plugin that’s available with all WordPress sites to assist protect it from comment spam.
Once you have the parent categories entered, enter your subcategories. within the pull-down menu for Parent Category, you’ll select the parent to the subcategory you’re adding. once you view your categories within the Manage > Categories Screen, you’ll see the categories listed like this:
- Computer Tips
- Internet News
- Web Page Design
- Web Standards
How to Set Up a WordPress website?
follow these following ideas:
How to Put Posts in Categories on WordPress?
Let’s put a number of your test posts into categories so you’ll see how this works.
- From the Posts > Category Screen, click on the tab for All Posts.
- you ought to see the test posts you entered here. once you hover your mouse over each post title, under the title, you ought to see the Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View links.
- Click on Edit to edit one among the posts. On the proper side of the Edit Post screen, you’ll now see your Categories.
- Choose one among them by clicking on the box next thereto.
- Then within the Publish module above, click the Update button. Repeat this for your other test posts, putting all during a different category.
- Now view your page by clicking on your site name within the toolbar at the highest of your Administration Screen.
- does one see the categories listed within the sidebar now? Great. If you’re missing a category, that sometimes means there are not any posts in it. this is often the default function of WordPress, so do not worry. once you add a post to the “missing” category, it’ll appear on your sites .
- Click on one among the categories and you’ll be taken to a page for just that category. you ought to see the posts that went into that category. this is often a generated Category page.
- Now, click on the Archives for the month showing. Now you’re visiting a generated page of your posts listed in chronological order for this month – well, specifically for today only. Two methods of finding equivalent information.
What Is before start writing on WordPress?
You’ve now done all the fundamentals for your new WordPress website. you recognize the way to write a post, create a category, and the way to look at your site’s information by category and archive. you’ll start the customization process, and once you are done, don’t forget to delete your test posts! Then start writing some wonderful information to share together with your newfound public! now let’s learn how to Set Up Your WordPress website!
How to Use WordPress Themes?
There are many WordPress themes to settle on from. All do basically an equivalent thing but graphically present the knowledge during a myriad of the way. Choose a couple that looks interesting to you, and meet your audience’s needs and your desires, then test drive them following the test drive instructions above.
Click through the entire site, the categories, and archives also because the individual posts to ascertain how the Theme handles all. the design could also be nice on the front page, but if it handles things in a way you don’t like on the only post, then you’ll need to probe the code and make changes. Not ready for that, try another theme.
How to Create your own wordpress Theme?
If you’re conversant in CSS, HTML, and even PHP and MySQL, consider either customizing the Theme to your own needs or creating your own Theme.
How to Use WordPress Plugins?
WordPress Plugins also are referred to as add-ons or extensions. they’re software scripts that add functions and events to your website. They cover the gamut from up-to-date weather reports to an easy organization of your posts and categories.
Plugins are designed by volunteer contributors and enthusiasts who like challenges and problem-solving. they’re usually fairly simple to put in through the WordPress Admin Plugin Screen, just follow the instructions provided by the plugin author. Remember, these are free and non-essential.
If you’ve got any problems with plugins, contact the plugin author’s website or plugin source first, then search the web for help thereupon specific plugin, and if you haven’t found an answer, then visit the WordPress forums for more help.
How to create your own Plugins on wordpress?
If you’re conversant in PHP, HTML, and perhaps even MySQL, you’ll be ready to customize WordPress to figure the way you would like by creating your own Plugin.
There is no limit for using WordPress
The exciting thing about WordPress is that there are few limits. Thousands of individuals are using WordPress for blogging and for running their websites. for instance, check out a number of the entries under the WordPress.org Theme Showcase. All have a special look and different functions on their sites.